The Boat Inn at Erbistock
The Boat, famous for its picturesque location and charming character, sits prettily on the idyllic banks of the River Dee, in Erbistock, Wales.
It’s a truly great pub whatever the weather. Laze by the river on a summer’s afternoon or hazy evening, or kick back and warm yourself in front of a roaring log fire – there’ll be food and drink waiting to suit every need. Our menu is all fresh and locally sourced.
As well as our external south-facing areas, The Boat’s charming nooks and crannies provide a variety of internal drinking and dining areas to suit large parties or more intimate occasions alike. Steeped in history with its stone walls, split level floors and solid oak beams, The Boat attracts visitors from all over the world. Dating back as far as the 13th century, its name is derived from the hand-operated chain ferry which crossed the river at this point (and it’s hoped that this will be restored to use in some form in due course )
A few reasons to visit soon!…
- Open from 11.00am 7 days a week.
- Food served 12pm – 9pm Mon – Sat and until 6pm on Sunday
- Seasonal changing menus
- A traditional free house supporting Local Cask Ales
- An extensive list of fine wines and champagnes from around the world
- South facing external dining and drinking areas with stunning views
- Idyllic wedding venue
- Two Private Function Rooms
- Marquee facility – available for events for up to 400 people
- Ample Car Park
- Fishing – If you have a licence then you can fish on the front for Salmon, Trout & Eel
- Dogs welcome (At managers discretion)
- Otter watch – come and spot our family of otters on the opposite bank!
Lots more to explore – do please come and see for yourself